Life After Comics II

--Recent Posts

Looking for comic book checklists?

Click Here!

Life After Comics II :: Defiant Comics Discussion :: Defiant Comics Discussion :: Post Message
Post Message
Name:
Subject:

Topic Summary
Re: Glory#0 in Comic Book MonthlyPosted By Defiant1  (1st Aug 19 at 6:55pm)

That's interesting. I wouldn't mind owning a copy, but I would not buy it through a web site. It would have to be a collector to collector sale.

Defiant1
Re: Glory#0 in Comic Book MonthlyPosted By Star Brand  (1st Aug 19 at 1:51pm)

There may be a limited print run of professionally bound copies of this book soon.

8 pages professionally bound?
Seems like a lot of effort for something so small.
Who is doing it? George?

Are you sure it's not Liefeld's Glory character?

Defiant1

PM sent regarding this matter.
Re: Glory#0 in Comic Book MonthlyPosted By Defiant1  (31st Jul 19 at 10:21pm)

Credits were added for Pauline Weiss. She has confirmed that she scripted pages 3 through 8 and was uncredited.

Per Pauline Weiss:
Quote:
The whole thing was plotted (snip) out with Val when I came onboard at Defiant. Jim fell pretty behind with getting it scripted with the second installment, and it was late, so I gave it a shot, walked into his office, and said "here... in perhaps a misguided attempt to help," and dropped it on his desk. Ten minutes later he walked into my office, eyes wide, and said, "this is pretty good. too many words, but pretty good." It was my first script; pity I didn't get credit.

Defiant1
Re: Glory#0 in Comic Book MonthlyPosted By vikingspawn  (14th Jul 19 at 9:32am)

Very cool!

Smiley Smiley #smoke#
Re: Glory#0 in Comic Book MonthlyPosted By Defiant1  (12th Jul 19 at 9:19pm)

Here is a link to the pdf of the comic with the cover image added.

http://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZXWFKed5HuCQc3nCLOe8sxPZIV44S76L

Defiant1
Re: Glory#0 in Comic Book MonthlyPosted By Defiant1  (12th Jul 19 at 8:43pm)

Corvette Jim posted a skewed image of a Glory #0 cover on Facebook. I do not know the source of the image he posted. It could be an over sized promo card product. There is no evidence that a stand-alone comic was ever published. I have unskewed the image he posted as best I could. The proportions may be off.

Defiant1
Re: Glory#0 in Comic Book MonthlyPosted By Defiant1  (5th Jan 19 at 5:15pm)

There may be a limited print run of professionally bound copies of this book soon.

8 pages professionally bound?
Seems like a lot of effort for something so small.
Who is doing it? George?

Are you sure it's not Liefeld's Glory character?

Defiant1

Re: Glory#0 in Comic Book MonthlyPosted By Star Brand  (5th Jan 19 at 1:15pm)

Re: Glory#0 in Comic Book MonthlyPosted By Defiant1  (27th Aug 17 at 7:20pm)

Merged two duplicate topics that were posted two years apart. Deleted duplicate posts.

Defiant1
Re: Glory#0 in Comic Book MonthlyPosted By Defiant1  (25th Aug 17 at 6:26pm)

The links were working, but I've decided to replace the photobucket images. I also noticed that only pages 1 through 4 were posted for the Glory story. I've added pages 5 through 8. I guess at some point I need to rescan the story pages. The scans I have are lousy. Even the ones Gunter Bower scanned are not good. I guess it's readable.

Defiant1
Re: GloryPosted By Star Brand  (6th Jun 17 at 8:25pm)

Just read this. Good that its posted here. So, it sounds like this story ended right around the time DEFIANT ended?
Re: GloryPosted By Defiant1  (4th Jan 16 at 1:40am)

I'm not thinking she got very far at all. I'm pretty sure that Overstreet Comic Book Monthly #18 was the last Defiant story content that saw print since Defiant "terminated all employees and ceased publication of all comics on August 31, 1994."

I find it unlikely that she'd started writing anything.

Defiant1
Re: GloryPosted By vikingspawn  (4th Jan 16 at 12:29am)

If I remember right from one of the interviews, Trina Robbins was going to write or draw the Glory monthly. I wonder how far she got now that you mention Glory #0 here.

Smiley
GloryPosted By Defiant1  (3rd Jan 16 at 8:28pm)

The Glory# 0 Story Web page has been reworked. These scans were done over 12 years ago when file sizes needed to be kept small for the web. Unfortunately, the image quality is poor. I've re-cropped some of the images and standardized their size a little more. I'm sure the added processing didn't improve the images, but even the original scans weren't great. The story can be downloaded as a pdf.

http://defiant.net78.net/Defiant_Reading_Room/Defiant_Stories/Glory/000_Glory_Comic.pdf

The restored & rebuilt web page is here:
http://defiant.net78.net/Defiant_Reading_Room/Defiant_Stories/Glory/Glory_Comic.html

The following posts will allow you to see the story here.

Defiant1

Glory#0 in Comic Book MonthlyPosted By Defiant1  (2nd Jun 14 at 10:37pm)

Glory #0 is published in these issues of Overstreet Comic Book Monthly

Overstreet Comic Book Monthly #15

Overstreet Comic Book Monthly #16

Overstreet Comic Book Monthly #17

Overstreet Comic Book Monthly #18

Here's the story...

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

Page 6